11.06.2008

Hallelujah and Barack Obama?????

I was driving back from a day full of meetings this afternoon, and I had my radio tuned in to a popular Detroit station. I typically don't listen to the radio, but my itouch was in my purse and I didn't feel like risking death to get it. Anyway, one of our prominent hosts was giving away free tickets to see Will Downing. When the winner made an exclamation of joy, the host said, "Hallelujah and Barack Obama".

Okay, this one pissed me the hell off. Are we likening him to Christ now?? I sure as hell hope not. He is not God, or anywhere near it. He is not a messiah. Of all the things we've got to worry about, let's not go through this one!!!

Good grief Charlie Brown...

4 comments:

Brilliance Is A Habit (c) Unknown said...

I totally understand your frustration.

No he's not God, but people are so excited they don't know what to do with themselves. Some people think he's a blessing from God or a testimony to what God can do. He stands for hope right now and people are on an emotional high.

Unknown said...

You know, this is one of the reasons why I don't like Earthlings. Humans always look for someONE to worship, idolize, jock, bite, or whatever you want to call it.

Now I understand that Obama is something new, but the same "ignant" muthafuckas that dont monitor the events of the world, that don't know about the bailout plan, that don't know about the second bailout plan in the works, (pushed by Barack and Nancy) the same ones that don't know that Pakistan is gonna fuck us up if we dont stop dropping bombs on their border, are gonna be the same ones to hate Obama in about 2 years when the Bush tax cuts expire...

Sorry Queen, I uh...yeah.

Lady Queen said...

You Tell Em Baby!! Ignant Bastards!!

Anonymous said...

(I know I'm late as hell but I hope you don't mind the comment).

I honestly didn't get that he was linking him to Christ at all. I think it was just a figure of speech. I remember all the time hearing my Auntie say "Hot Damn and a Nigga name Luigi" when I was growing up whenever she got excited about something. HOW MANY NIGGA'S WE KNOW NAMED LUIGI?! HEHE. Nuff said.